People usually associate addictions with substance abuse, such as in alcohol and drug addictions. However, sex addiction is considered similar to these compulsive behaviors. It can be highly dangerous and impact a person’s relationships.
As a provider of mental health service in Raleigh, North Carolina, we can help diagnose and treat sexual addiction. Here are some common symptoms:
- Chronic obsessive sexual thoughts and fantasies
- Compulsive relationships with multiple partners, including stranger
- Preoccupation with having sex that interferes with daily life, productivity, and work
- Feeling remorse or guilt after sex
- Putting oneself or others in danger due to sexual behavior.
One should note that enjoying the sexual activity is not a sign of sex addiction. Sex is a healthy human activity. If you think you or a loved one has any of the symptoms above, you may want to see a mental health counselor to seek help. Like other compulsive behaviors, they can treat sex addiction through various programs and therapy.
If you’re looking for mental health care in North Carolina, you can come over to Breaking Barriers Wellness & Counseling. We can help you overcome your current struggles.
Our African American counselor will help you achieve the healthy and fulfilling life you desire despite the challenges you face.