The fear and anxiety that comes with a disease can be overwhelming and can cause strong emotions in both adults and children. And now, with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the stress of society’s current situation might be too much for some people.
Stress during an outbreak of an infectious disease may include symptoms like:
- Changes in a person’s sleeping and eating patterns
- Worsening of chronic health problems (e.g., arthritis, asthma, cancer, diabetes, etc.)
- Worsening of mental health conditions (especially with how difficult it currently is to get ahold of proper Mental Health Care in North Carolina due to the ongoing pandemic)
- Fear and worry about you and your loved ones’ health and security
- Increased use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco
Breaking Barriers Wellness & Counseling your reliable provider of compassionate mental health support is here to help clients cope with the stress that comes with dealing with the disease.
Contact us today to make an appointment with any of our professional Mental Health Counselors. We can sign you up for an African American therapist or whichever may make you feel comfortable and safe.